Τρίτη 15 Μαρτίου 2011

Kamelot - Poetry For The Poisoned (2010)





Genre: Progressive Melodic Metal
Country: USA
Members: Khan (Vocals)
                Thomas Youngblood (Guitars)
                Casey Grillo (Drums)
                Oliver Palotai (Keyboards)
                Sean Tibbett (Bass)
Website:  http://www.kamelot.com

I have to admit that writing this review was pretty difficult for me.This was mainly because Kamelot is one of my favorite bands and I had to try really hard not to misjudge them due to the great respect I have for them.But it seems that even gods may bleed sometimes, though,for Kamelot even this has its own special beauty.Poetry for the Poisoned is Kamelot's latest album and, as you can see from it's title and album art it has a rather "dark and mysterious" aspect.Of course other Kamelot albums had it too, but not to such extent.All this reflects the shady feelings you'll probably have while listening to it's songs.A very clever use of guitar reefs at the right moments accompanied by beautiful keyboards here and there show once again the band's great skills and charisma.The rhythms are also very captivating although sometimes it feels like they are being repeated through different songs.So, in terms of melodies and rhythm, I would say that most of the songs in this album do not come as a surprise.The vocals on the other hand have proven to be more than satisfactory.In fact, I believe it is Khan's melodic and beautiful voice that this album is based on.Harmonic changes of notes and an ever present  "hidden  pain" in it compose the true magic of the songs and show what this album is all about.The lyrics speak of illusions created by sin and dark feelings, thus crafting a more insidious image of our world.Finally, I must mention that in this album there are contributions from other great artists like Simone Simons (from Epica) and Gus G. (from Firewind). Generally, I believe that Poetry for the Poisoned is a good album, though inferior to the band's previous ones.For those of you who have listened to Kamelot before it might seem a bit different than what you would expect.Nonetheless, I suggest that you listen to it and see how the world looks from the dark side.......

My favorite songs in this album:
- The Great Pandemonium
- House On A Hill
- My Train Of Thoughts
- Once Upon A Time



                                                              7/10 
Return to top

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Personally, I disagree!
    This album is equal to the previous ones!Tracks like "Hunter's Season","Poetry For The Poisoned","If Tommorow Came" and "My Train Of Thoughts" are just awesome.

    Also,although I know that Kamelot use to separate songs(like "Elisabeth","Interlude")I think that Poetry Of The Poisoned shouldn't be separated into different pieces.One song is better than four!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή