Κυριακή 26 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man / Something Wicked part II (2008)


Country: USA
Genre: Heavy/ Thrash Metal
Members: Jon Schaffer - Rhythm and Lead Guitars, Backing Vocals
                Matt Barlow - Lead and Backing Vocals
                Brent Smedley - Drums
                Troy Seele - Lead Guitar
                Freddie Vidales - Bass Guitar
Website: http://www.icedearth.com/

Yes, this is Matt's return! I know that lots of fans had been waiting for that moment. If you ask me, I would say that Owens was great, too. I wouldn't be bothered if ICED EARTH had to continue with the Ripper, both singers rock (in their own special way). But the crucible of man has just let me down. It seems to me that maybe Iced Earth were not ready to release a new album, it's like they pushed themselves to do so, subsequently to getting Barlow back. Inspiration is missing in most of the songs, and thus repetition took its place. It's my firm belief that the interludes should be missing, and serve the maxim "quality over quantity". I can accept this band's work because it is them, a great metal band. I like the guitar playing, the solos are pretty good, but i believe that most of the songs are quite meaningless. Typical ICED EARTH riffs, simple and interesting solos deluge the album. But at the end of the day, I stay rather indifferent than wowed.

My favourite songs on the album:
- Come What May
- Behold the Wicked Child



6.5/10

Return to top

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Very interesting article!
    I was completely unaware of the existence of this band,but now,as I'm listening to their cds,..I think that your point of view is totally correct,their old songs have nothing to do with their last ones.I like the fact that you make your criticism!
    ;-)Nice presentation!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή